JAPAN RAILFAN CLUB (President: Hiroshi Suda) is a nationwide organization for railfans which is established on November 14, 1953. Our objectives are; sharing knowledge of railways, developing friendship between members, promoting hobby of railfanning and contributing for railway prosperity.
|Date founded:||November 14, 1953|
|Number of regular membership:||about 3,100|
|Number of supporting membership:||78 groups (Including all regional JR companies )|
|Number of special interest group(SIG):||7|
|Number of local chapter:||17|
Followings are list of our activities:
- Publication of monthly magazine “RAIL FAN” and occasional special issues
- Offering various events for railroad and/or railfannning such as Sightseeing, Photo shooting, Seminar and Model railroad exbition.
- Research and data gathering for railroads
- Awarding “Blue Ribbon Prize” and “Laurel Prize” to most popular and distinguished rolling stocks which were placed in service during the previous year in Japan
- Awarding “Hideo Shima Prize” to most distinguished railway writings which were released during the previous year in Japan
- Communicating with oversea railfans, both groups and independents
- Promoting hobby of railfanning among general public
Besides those national activities each SIGs and local chapters are holding their regular meetings as well as various railfan activities.
If you have a question please contact our administrative office.